This last week did not go the way I had wanted it to go. I had visions of opening my shop creating a week full of content for post on Happy Apple and spending a wonderful long weekend with family. At this point I realize that things never go as planned and am learning to let go and be more flexible.
I received a phone call on Monday that one of my close friends from school had been in a car accident that morning and had not made it. From that moment on nothing was the same. My thoughts go out to his family and friends that are suffering from the same great feeling of loss as me.
I am very very sad but I feel it is important for me to remember what I am thankful for and hopefully move toward healing.
I am thankful for…
1. My family. They have always been and always will be my biggest fans and my number one supporters. I know that I am capable of greatness because even when I don’t believe in me they do.
2. Gunnar. Supportive, loving, caring, together we will make our dreams come true and have a great time doing it.
3. My sister Morgan. I am thankful that I am able to work on my relationship with her. While growing up we didn’t get along I am so thankful that she made the decisions to bring her back home and that we can learn not to be sisters but friends.
4. My dreams. I am thankful for my dreams because they push me to succeed.
5. Happy Apple. I am so thankful for this blog. It has been a wonderful creative outlet for me to learn and grow.
6. Friends. So many of you have come into my life and I am thankful for each and every one of you. I know life has gotten in the way of sometimes seeing each other, and distance makes it difficult as well but I know in my heart you are all there as I am for you.
7. Photography. I am thankful that I have taken up photography as a creative outlet.
Remember that even on the darkest days there is always a cause to be thankful.