This is going to be my first do it yourself. I’m going to show you how to use embroidery hoops and fabric to decorate your walls! I am really excited about this project because it is very close to my heart. My grandmother passed away last summer; she had given me a bag of fabric and some hoops she had used when she quilted. At the time I took them because they belonged to her and she wanted me to have them but I didn’t know what to do with them. Maybe someday I will do a quilt but for the time being I am excited to use her hoops and fabric to decorate my walls.
Embroidery or Quilting Hoops
Hot Glue Gun
This DIY is pretty easy which for my first is pretty important. It will let me work all the kinks out.
1. Separate the inner hoop from the outer hoop and lay your fabric over the inner hoop. I doubled mine over so that it would make the fabric a little more sturdy. As a note I had to go around the hoop twice with glue so that both pieces of fabric were secure. If you didn’t double it over you will not have to go around twice.
2. Place the second hoop over the fabric and inner hoop making sure it is snug.
3. Flip the entire thing over and cut all the way around staying about an inch from where the hoops are holding the fabric. Make sure you leave enough space to glue. You can always trim more of it off after.
4. At this point if you want to leave your hoops so they are interchange able depending on the season or your bedroom decor. You can just trim more off the fabric so that the hoop lays flat against the wall. If you are looking for a more permanent way to display your fabric, glue around the inner hoop pressing the fabric down as you go.
5. Look at the number of hoops you have and the space you wish to place them. Make a plan before you hang them up to avoid extra holes in your walls.
Viola! You have a beautiful new wall arrangement! Be creative with your fabric choices and textures. I’m already thinking of more things to do. Glitter, spray paint, acrylic paint, flowers, and buttons can all be used to create a unique to you wall arrangement. Enjoy!